CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Organization and Heat

So, this is what it's all about in the beginning--getting and staying organized. Everyone who knows me even a little bit knows that this is a big challenge...to my sister's chagrin. When Shannon and I went to Walmart tonight to buy a heater for our house, I picked up an expandable document folder. I've been told I need this to help me. I already think I'm doing pretty well, with 2 file folders: "Application" and "Homestudy." We'll see...

Another great invention I'm into is the scanner. I know it's been around a while, but I really just started using it last year when we were getting all our documents together for our Chinese visa. So I already have a bunch of documents scanned and on the internets. This has already come in handy. Although...I may be a bit too gung-ho. I scanned and sent about 15 documents to our social worker, only to get the reply..."Um, okay, you can give these to me when I see you" (in March). Oh well. Better safe than sorry.

We are super lucky to have good friends who are coming to the end of an adoption (a little boy from China). They're actually hoping to go pick him up in early March! She (J) has been an incredible source of information and help, and we're going to get to see them grow with their new baby.

For now, we're dealing with our adopted kitty, and it's not going so well. He bites. All. The. Time. The water bottle seems to be working a little, so hopefully this is progress. Maybe he was just cold (as we have been freezing our buns off in Seaview Garden #604 and just needed a little warmth. Presently he is mesmerized by our new heater.

I believe our Walmart purchases will serve us well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

testing

Anonymous said...

Now I can post!!! I want my dearest,and sweetest niece or nephew to see that I was excited and posting from day 1!

You need the FlyLady to stay organized. She'll give you a Control Journal, and you'll have everything you need at your fingertips.

SOOOOO excited! This baby is going to be so spoiled by Auntie Lana! I have my super boys Jack & Luke, but one to spoil and send back to Mommy & Daddy is a whole different ballgame. Fun!

Love ya! Lana