CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Get this party started...

Today we officially began our road to adoption. After so much time researching and thinking about this huge step, it's beginning. This week we: chose an agency, chose a social worker, scheduled a home study, and turned in the first application. Actually, that all really happened today. Progress.

Adoption from Ethiopia is supposed to take around a year, which is pretty fast for an international adoption. That means that our baby is most likely alive already, somewhere. Probably still in the womb, but she's been conceived and she's growing. Although my body doesn't need to know "what to expect when expecting" I'd like to be able to picture her at all stages of her growth.

I've been a lurker on blogs for lots of years now. I thought maybe I would start one when we moved abroad, but just continued stalking. When I found adoption blogs I thought--okay, well if we ever really begin ours, I'll start one up. This one will be worth it.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I do a little, but mostly lurk. :) Congrats on the adoption! Very exciting and I look forward to hearing how the Lord brings all the details together. Sarah (Beal)