CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Oh Hail the Mighty State

Since we have a week off (again!), I have been semi-hard at work with adoption stuff. Since yesterday, that is. Turns out that our agency can order all of our documents, which is nice, since some places, like Missouri, only accept money orders. I do not understand why government agencies cannot get their forms put online, allow scanning, and accept credit card payments. I seriously do not know how we would send in a money order from China. Any ideas?

I also ordered our criminal history checks from OSBI (Oklahoma) yesterday, and performed a check on myself from the Great State of Texas. Yes, Texas knows what they're doing. Everything online! And easy! And cheap! And that is why I am still proud to call myself a Texan. It was clean, btw.

Now then. Oklahoma seems to be making progress. I was able to fill out the forms digitally with Adobe, print it, and then fax. Faxing is not so hard, since we have one in the school office. There is not one at the post office, so if I could not use the one here at school, I do not know what I would do. When I went to the post office to inquire about a fax machine, I received strange looks and a definite "no have" after I made myself understood. Oh well.

We also began working on our autobiographies this week. I have made more progress than Shannon, but he assures me not to worry, he'll geterdone. I will not worry...yet. The autobiographies are for the social worker. It begins with reflections on our childhood, parents, siblings, etc. Then we must write about our education and job experiences. Next we discuss how we met each other, why we decided to marry, and then our expectations about parenthood and our kid. That's where I am right now, and I think I need to mull over it for awhile.

Otherwise, we're waiting on our references letters (hint, hint) to arrive at our agency so that we "get" to pay our agency fee and then be OFFICIAL. I can't wait!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to write the section about me. They need to know how awesome I am. Hee hee.