CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 23, 2009

House Invasion--One month from today...

Adoption stuff has been moving along, but I feel kind of out it since I've been away since last Thursday. I did finish There is no Me without You, and agree with the consensus: it is a must read. I can't wait for Shannon to read it so we can chat about everything. A lot of the stories are about "older" children adoptions, and they are really great stories. It has made me think about re-considering our age request, but...no definites. I may be open if Shannon is, but we'll see.

All paperwork has been ordered, I believe. T (our paperwork helper) is doing a fabulous job keeping us updated, but I'm not sure if anything has arrived yet.

The main thing we're waiting for now is the Homestudy, which we have set for one month from today. Oh boy. I'm actually sort of looking forward to the interviews and talking part, mostly so that I can ask some questions myself and get advice. I'm not so excited about having our apartment ready. It's not like we're supposed to have a baby room ready, but I assume there should be certain liveability aspects to our humble abode that I'm not sure we have yet. For one, her room is now a storage room. We have no real storage, so suitcases line the wall and there are stacks on the guest bed (which has pink padding as a head board, btw). And, there's the kitty factor. He officially became an "it" last weekend, and has calmed down a little, but not enough. Pet expert/friend C says that it may take 5 weeks for the testosterome to leave his body. The question is whether we can wait that long.

Shannon told me that he read the Program Manual (BSBinder) while I was gone, so I'm anxious to hear his thoughts. It's good to be home!

2 comments:

Granjan said...

You will be ready--no problem.

Lindsay Lyon said...

Thanks Dad!